About Us

Welcome to our class blog. We are a group of 30 sixth class students in County Wicklow. As you can see from our ‘welcome’ page we like Art, Tin Whistle (a traditional Irish instrument), P.E, basketball, drama and lots more activities. Our school is co-educational and is situated beside the sea. We are lucky to live in beautiful County Wicklow, the garden of Ireland. This is our last year in primary school and we hope we will not have to engage in remote learning this year. We hope you enjoy reading about our activities and check out our pictures, videos and projects to see what we are working on this year. Please feel free to leave a supportive comment!

9 thoughts on “About Us”

1. Dear fifth class,

I have just read your about us page to the class as we have been looking at maps of the UK and The Republic of Ireland. We would love to find out more about your experiences. Are there photos of your beautiful view at break times? In Australia many students play Australian rules football which is a bit like Gaelic football. Do you know anything about our version? There are some key differences. Hopefully the students in our class will leave some comments on your blogs shortly.

Mr Pastro

Feel free to check out our blogs at mrpastrosclass.edublogs.org

2. Dear 5 class
    Can you tell me about Gaelic football?
    What are the rules to the game?
    How do you play Gaelic football and do you play it?
    do you know the game called soccer?

Visit my blog at
    anthony56ma.edublogs.org

From Anthony f

3. Hi
    I’m from Australia and I’m in Mr Pastro’s class and we are learning about the UK and Ireland.
    I found the UK and Ireland really interesting.
    What is the national animal of Ireland and what is the sport most played in Ireland?
    -Ava

1. Hi Ava,
      We don’t really have a national animal. Our symbols are the harp and the shamrock. The most popular sports are Gaelic football and hurling. They are unique to Ireland. Hurling is the fastest field sport in the world. It is extremely skillful. We also play soccer of course and our rugby team have been doing well We were very excited to beat the All Blacks recently. Tell us about your school and your class. Thanks for visiting
      Ms. Caffrey

4. Wow 30 students is a lot is it easy to teach them? our class is really small we only have 19 students its quite nice though. although sometimes it can be hectic but I like it. your school does a lot of things I love sports and art and it would be so cool to live or go to school right next to the ocean. Hey why don’t you visit my blog – ruby56ma.edublogs.org

Thanks Ruby

1. Hi Ruby,
      Thirty students is about average in Ireland. It is not unusual! It’s not difficult, but it is very busy. It is lovely to be beside the sea. The sea is so different with each season. Right now it is wild! When it is like that you can hear it and we love the sound of it. On the down side, because we are near the sea, there is usually a cold sea breeze in winter. It is very cold in the yard at break time! Thank you for visiting. Hopefully some of my students will be posting next week.
      Ms. Caffrey

1. Hey its Ruby again, thanks for answering my question, I would like to know if since you live near the sea in the winter when the wind is bad do you have any tsunamis? Also is 30 students in a class about average because the uk is so big? my favorite field sport is hurdles because when you jump over the hurdle i feel like i’m flying even though in my mind i’m graceful if you look at me i look really wierd.
        -Ruby

5. Hi! My name is Cadence! I’m from Canada! I thought I’d stop and say hi! Come visit my blog!

edublog.amdsb.ca/myblogces

6. Hi 5th/6th class!
    We enjoyed looking at your blog today and reading some of your persuasive texts. You might like to look at our blog. We are a grade 3/4 class in Australia and we are currently writing persuasive texts. We haven’t put any on our blog though!
    samiddleschool.global2.vic.edu.au
    Mr Collings